1. I've decided that doing ten thoughts every week was hurting my brain, so some weeks it will be more, some weeks it'll be less. So! Here I am. Feeling less and less talk-y and write-y and deep thought-y these days, but still happy to be blogging on a regular basis again. Maybe I have rediscovered my groove. (Or something.)
2. Jay recently received an unexpected bonus at work, which means we are allowing ourselves to splurge on two things: tickets for us to visit our families in WA this summer, and annual passes to Disneyland. Best week ever.
3. I'm on week 2 of the 30 Day Shred, and this must have been exactly what my body needed because I am kind of loving it. Who knew? When I tried it a few years ago, I quit after just a few days because I could hardly to walk to my car on the way to work in the morning and ended up crying out to the heavens, "It's just not worth the paaaaaain!" But my mindset has changed so much in the past several years, and at this point in life I realized I was missing the aching muscles. Kind of weird, actually. Finding motivation is much simpler when your drive has less to do with being skinny and more with being strong. To humor myself, I ended up taking "before" photos, but as I looked at them I realized that if I looked like this for the next ten years of my life, that would be fantastic. I don't see myself as a before photo. I don't want to fix myself, but I do want to feel strong, healthy, active…all of that. In any case, I'll definitely share all my thoughts on this workout once I've completed every level! I'm doing it 6x per week, 2 weeks on every level (there are 3 levels). So, it will be a bit longer than 30 days for me, but my main goal is to create a new habit for daily exercise (which seems to be what my body has been craving, after all) and that is better than just trying to hang in there for 30 days.
4. My aunt is now giving me her weekly coupon inserts, which means at a certain point I may need to officially venture into coupon-binder territory. No shame, people! (Okay, maybe a little bit.)
5. My parents and youngest sisters are in town for the next week or so, which makes me happier than almost anything. After a decade of living here, saying goodbye doesn't get any easier.