Ten thoughts from the past week:
1. As tough as some days in toddler-parenting can be, I'm constantly reminded of how easy it is to make Eisley happy. A big hunk of playdoh (here's a recipe similar to what we made), playing with a giant box from Costco, splashing in puddles, tracing her hand onto paper, having a dance party to Disney songs. It's important for me to remember these things, because it makes some days feel much less overwhelming. It's all about simple joys, after all.
2. Procrastination, man. It will forever plague me.
3. Jay and I just started watching season two of Homeland, and I see many late-nights ahead of us. This show is so addictive. I'm also happy to report that this season seems to feature fewer nipple recaps, so that is nice. (Almost every episode recap in the first season featured flashbacks to one certain love scene, to the point where I may have actually been more familiar with this woman's nipples than my own. I mean, honestly.) (Is this paragraph making you uncomfortable yet?) (But, really. Watch Homeland. It's a great show.)
4. I finally got around to writing out my list of goals for 2014. Better late than never, I suppose. It was nice flipping back to the beginning of this particular notebook, because I was able to see how many goals from 2013 I had actually accomplished. Many of them I'd even forgotten about.
5. The Mumford & Sons station on Pandora is the soundtrack to my days right now. It's fantastic.
6. It seems like there are so many pregnancy announcements lately. And I won't lie…I really can't wait until our family can grow by one more, too. The waiting game can be difficult when your heart feels so ready, you know?
7. I think I need to add more recipes to my list of Meals to Bring to People. I've always wanted to be that person who can be all like, "Oh, you're sick? Just had a baby? Too stressed out to cook? Let me bring you dinner tonight! It'll be awesome!" Yesterday, Eisley and I took homemade soup and bread to my grandparents, and it made me embarrassed to realize that it was the first time I've ever done something like that. Mostly because I didn't cook much until the past couple years, and I wouldn't have had any idea what I could even make to bring to someone. (Do you have any go-to recipes that are good meals to share?)
8. I may be slowly transitioning to my natural hair color once again, which I had actually done last year—but caved and got highlights a couple times after. My hair feels ridiculously healthy these days (probably because I also only wash it a couple times a week…hurrah, dry shampoo!) and the idea of spending so much on highlights makes me feel plain guilty these days. So, we'll see what happens.
9. There are days I get glimpses at how truly dreadful some people can be. I hate when I let those things sometimes overshadow all the good I see every day.
10. Target currently has adorable washi tape in their dollar bins. Oh, my soul. I want to buy it all.