This month, there is a fairly long list of accomplishments I hope to actually, well, accomplish. I always like to get a peek into the lives of other people via their lists of monthly intentions or goals, so I thought I'd share my list for September.
1. Actually go through my stack of unread magazines from the past several months. I get so ridiculously excited when I get magazines in the mail (I currently subscribe to Parents, FamilyCircle and Real Simple), but most of the time I don't get around to thoroughly reading them for months. Some days all I want to do is to leisurely flip through a magazine, but when I try to do just that, I end up jumping up to do something else every few minutes. I annoy myself sometimes. I really do.
2. Reorganize our kitchen, top to bottom. Toss or donate any old/unused items. Clean the fridge. Scrub the floor. Reorganize the drawers and cabinets that are currently a little bit terrifying to look through.
3. Come up with a pre-pre-preschool schedule for Eisley next month. After talking with my best friend (who is, quite perfectly, a kindergarten teacher), I feel confident that I can fit in a bit of "school" time with Eisley every day. If only to make our daily routine a bit more interesting for us both. Eisley, having just turned two, is so eager to learn anything and everything, and I think she'll have so much fun. We'll keep it very easy; just a short window of time each day, filled with songs and stories and coloring and such…all tied together somehow with some sort of weekly theme. (We'll see how this goes.)
4. Thank you notes (for our trio of August birthdays). I've had them sitting by the computer for at least two weeks, and have yet to actually sit down to write them.
5. Blog more. I've been saying this for ages, and it's going to happen, people. I'm going to stop stressing myself out about it and just write.