I'm once again a wee bit behind on Eisley's monthly post, but I'm just going to go with it. (Also, these photoshoots are getting increasingly difficult as she rolls around and is what I like to call "squirmy jones". Hence the second photo where she looks like a baked potato. Can't win 'em all.) She'll be six months in two weeks (arghhh!), and all she's learned in the past ten days alone just blows my mind. Yesterday I told Jay that I couldn't believe she was almost twelve, and he seemed to think I was getting a ahead of myself. Hmmm.
But let's back up a bit and focus on good ol' month five!
Our daily routine has become much more solid, which is fantastic. I love having an idea of when she'll be napping or when she'll be hungry, and so on and so forth. We never quite recovered from the 4-month sleep regression, and nighttime has been tricky. She typically wakes up at least twice between 8PM and 8AM. Usually it's three times, and she eats every time. I'm just thankful, thankful, thankful that I don't have to work right now because I would need a caffeine IV drip.
Here are a few of my favorite things from her fifth month:
- We're still holding on to those size 1-2 diapers, because we have about a hundred left. This is especially dangerous whenever I decide to drive somewhere more than a mile away. (As I've mentioned to a couple of my other mommy friends, nothing says classy like changing a diaper in the Dollar Store parking lot.) Note to self: When buying diapers at Costco, ALWAYS go up a size. Amen.
- She's still wearing 3-month clothes, but considering most of her leggings are now capris, we may be venturing into 6-month territory very soon.
- Her favorite toys: a tiny plastic seahorse, the remote control, stackable cups, a spatula, a freezable teether, and a bright yellow tube of mascara. She also likes falling asleep to her glowy, musical seahorse friend—and has figured out how to tap it enough to turn it on!
- She apparently enjoys watching football as much as Jay. Who knew?
- When she wakes up in the morning, she has rolled from her belly to her back, and is usually a bundle of pure bliss—giggling and rolling around with her stuffed animals.
- So many spit bubbles! She loves blowing "raspberries".
- Our Maya Wrap is the greatest thing ever. I wear it whenever we're shopping, and she's absolutely content the entire time. It's magic! Get one!
- Although she seems a bit wary of strangers, she is quick to warm up. She is fine being passed around from person to person, and doesn't seem to "miss" me yet. Perhaps now would be a good time for Jay and I to go on our first post-baby date?
- She loves when we let her "walk" around the room while holding onto our fingers. Her steps are so coordinated now, and it makes her look so grown up! Gah!
- I let her gnaw on apple slices every now and again. Which is pretty cute, if I do say so myself.
- Although nights are sometimes rough, she is always an incredible napper, taking at least three a day. I'm so thankful for that!
Also, as of almost two weeks ago, we have a mover! Or leapfrog. Or something. (Since this video was taken, she now roams all over the room, which is just crazy. I'm so proud of my little nugget!)