As always, there are hundreds of tiny things I hope to accomplish each week. However, in an effort to cut myself some slack, I'm going to try and focus on the following things (and let everything else take care of itself):
1. Take more photos. I have this glorious camera that is hardly ever put to good use. I would love to take one photo every day, but I know how I react to challenges like that (too much pressure makes me weep) and I will most likely take a more leisurely pace.
2. Start budgeting. This year, it's all about saving like there is no tomorrow. (Or like we hope to own a home at some point in the next decade.) I'm thankful that Jay and I are "savers" but I'm constantly thinking about different things we can do to put even more away in the months ahead. I'm planning on writing a "penny-pinching" post later in the week and am eager to get some feedback on what other people are doing to cut back this year! First up? Setting a budget. I always say I'm going to do this, but it never happens and I usually just eat a cookie instead. NO MORE COOKIES.
3. Finish thank you notes. Yes, I'm the person who still hasn't sent out thank you notes for all the Christmas goodies she received. For shame. But the cards are all ready to go once I sit down to write them!
4. Stay calm. Those of you who know me well know that I tend to work myself up into a frenzy. I refuse to do that anymore. Things work themselves out. Mistakes happen. Life gets busy. And then tomorrow comes and we get to start all over again. I'd prefer to make it through my days without feeling like I am hanging on by a thread.
5. Begin purging. And by "purging", I mean: get rid of clothes I haven't worn in two years, organize the kitchen so I don't have fifteen spatulas floating around in one drawer, and donate items that Jay and I will simply never get around to using again. (Spring Cleaning is on my brain as the sunshine comes out and the weather warms up.)
Anything special on your to-do list this week?